How to do advanced keyword research
- Use a variety of keyword research tools. There are a number of keyword research tools available, so you can choose the ones that are most likely to give you the most accurate results. Some popular keyword research tools include Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, and Ahrefs.
- Consider long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are more specific than short-tail keywords, and they tend to have lower search volumes. However, they also tend to have lower competition, which means that you’re more likely to rank for them.
- Use negative keywords. Negative keywords are words or phrases that you don’t want your ads to show up for. This can help you save money and prevent your ads from showing up for irrelevant searches.
- Use keyword intent. Keyword intent is the purpose behind a search query. For example, if someone searches for “how to make a cake,” they’re likely looking for a recipe. If someone searches for “cake,” they could be looking for a recipe, a store that sells cakes, or a bakery that makes cakes. Understanding keyword intent can help you choose the right keywords for your campaigns.
- Use keyword clustering. Keyword clustering is the process of grouping related keywords together. This can help you organize your keyword research and make it easier to target your ads.
- Track your results. It’s important to track the results of your keyword research so that you can see what’s working and what’s not. This will help you optimize your campaigns and get better results over time.
Here are some additional tips for advanced keyword research:
- Use Google Trends to track the popularity of keywords over time. This can help you identify keywords that are trending and that are likely to be popular in the future.
- Use social media to research keywords. People often use social media to ask questions and share information about products and services. This can be a great way to find new keywords that your target audience is using.
- Use competitor analysis to see what keywords your competitors are targeting. This can give you an idea of the keywords that are most important for your industry.
- Be patient. Keyword research takes time and effort. Don’t expect to find the perfect keywords overnight. Just keep working at it and eventually you’ll find the keywords that will help you achieve your goals.